And hopefully a better one about to start. Fingers crossed that hubbys big sale will close soon...we need the commission big time.
My two babysitting jobs are dropping down to one and I'm praying that I don't have to get a second, evening job. I can't take the added stress right now, but the bills need to be paid.
I'm past due for a haircut and dye, dr. appt. and eye exam. Just things that I don't do cuz money is needed elsewhere.
We had a nice Christmas. The kids were happy. I thought I was going to be happy...as I was gathering presents to wrap a couple of days ago, I found an iPad that hubby had hidden...surely a present for me...right? Well, it was supposed to be, but then he decided it could come in handy with his photography...his expensive hobby...so, he decided to keep it. So...what did I get? A giftcard for Walmart that will probably end up being used to buy groceries...yippee...
Hubby wants to buy me an iPad (oh, by the way, his was a prize he won from work) but I refuse to let him charge it. Maybe the economy will turn around and his work will start awarding giftcards again and he can save up and get me one...or get himself more photography equipment...grrr...
Health issues aren't improving, which also adds to my stress and is physically and emotionally taxing. I've given up on the dr.'s figuring anything out, so haven't shelled out money for a visit. But, my ears and one eye are getting worse...eventually I will have them checked. Hopefully nothing too serious. Just worries me cuz the eye thing was one of the MS indicators, but I'm not going to worry about that or anything else unless something more major happens. Hopefully it is just more miscellaneous, unrelated crap of my body falling apart. My New Years resolution is to start and KEEP a regular exercise routine. I doubt it will help most of my physical problems, but I need to get in better shape.
My van is still holding in there...gotta fight with it some, but repairs aren't in the budget.
Haven't been sleeping well at all lately, even with Ambien or a double dose of OTC sleep aid med. I get so tired during the day, but refuse to nap in hopes of sleeping better the next night. No such luck. Hoping exercise will help with that.
Finished cleaning and organizing Ethan's room today. Just the way to spend Christmas, right?
I'm ready to put away the decorations and just go on with life. It's been a loooong month.
3 comments:
This makes me sad. It isn't the medical stuff, I don't expect the doctors to figure things out too speedily. It took years for them to figure it out with me.
It the fact that it doesn't seem that you are appreciated by those in your home. You aren't sounding like you feel appreciated. Mom's do a hell of a lot of work and when it's not noticed it is sad. I hope that this next year they will see just how much you do and show some appreciation.
Have you tried going on strike?
I got an ipad for my birthday and every person in our house uses it EVERYDAY! And I don't really see how it would be that useful for photography.
Anyway, I love you and don't buy groceries with the gift card! do something for yourself!
Going on strike doesn't work. Just gives me more work in the long run.
I put all of the Christmas decorations away today and got the living room back to normal. John thought it was too soon, but I want to have the entire house clean and ORGANIZED by the end of this week.
The giftcard was also from John's work. I used most of it for groceries, but did get a new purse and filled a prescription.
Broke down and went to the dr. cuz we found out we had some med. reimbursement left for the year. Gonna re-try a med. that worked previously for awhile. If things don't improve in a month or so he wants me to see a different neurologist. I'm just so sick of the pain. So annoying when I'm massaging my face, temples and jaw and John asks, "Got a headache?" Um...yeah...everyday for over two years now.
I also need to get my eye checked. Doc. says it sounds like my pupil is reacting slowly, but had no idea beyond there...gotta get it dilated and checked and hopefully get an official diagnosis.
Life...guess I should be grateful I at least have it.
Post a Comment