As Christmas nears my irritation of people who abuse "free handouts" grows. Sub for Santa is, I am sure, very abused. I know people want to provide for their kids, and there are situations where help is warranted. But many people shouldn't be expecting this help. They need to try to provide things themselves whenever possible. Our budget is tight, so I took on a 2nd PT job. People need to live up to their responsibilities. Single moms don't want to work, but why should they not? They chose to have kids, they need to do whatever is necessary to provide for them.
I don't expect others to pay my bills. My kids don't get free lunch. Our bills are what they are and we are the ones who need to pay them. If I borrow money, I pay it back quickly and in full. A loan is not a gift.
Do I like my job?...not even close. But, our budget needs a boost. In fact, hubby might be starting a weekend job soon.
If my bills and expenses are X amount, then my income needs to be more than X...plain and simple. I have a friend who's brother works 3 jobs and his wife 1, because that is what they need to do.
So, why do people think it's okay to not do??? To expect free handouts...sometimes for months or years...??? And why is it allowed? Yes, the unemployment level is high, but how many of those people are unemployed by choice? There are jobs out there.
I think I'd rather do my own "sub for Santa" and know help is going to where it is really needed.
1 comment:
Sub for Santa is very abused. I quit signing up for families a few years ago. The parents were accessing more than just Sub for Santa and it creates gluttony as well as entitlement. I pick our families now. They are the humble ones who aren't trying to get anything. They will just do with what they can. I am more than happy to help when it is truly needed.
I share this same pet peeve. I love my job, but there are days when I hurt so bad that I want to be home. I get up and go to work anyway. I have bad headaches and go to work anyway. Some days I need a cane, but I hobble along to work anyway.
So yeah, I get what you are saying.
Hope you start feeling better soon.
Post a Comment