Friday, January 1, 2010

Ethan's Happy New Year

According to Ethan, anyone who didn't count down the seconds to the New Year will be cursed. He was very adamant that our family participate...so, of course, the girls tried not to, nearly having him in tears. But, in the end, they all did. So bring on the happy!!!

On another topic, I've been thinking a lot lately about people wronging others and how some people have no remorse. I've tried to think of things I've done that hurt others...didn't come up with anything too major. Things done to me...way worse...any apologies? Not really. No way could I do to another what's been done to me over the years. How do people justify their actions?
Sometimes pretending nothing happened can be okay(although an "I'm sorry" would be better), but sometimes the wrong needs to be made right, or at least tried to be as much as possible. Laughing things off or making excuses doesn't fix the problem. Emotional scars can be harder to heal than physical ones sometimes.
Coulda shoulda woulda...hindsight...can't change the past, so make the future better. Happy New Year to everyone...hope it's a good one.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I hope that you do have a Happy 2010. You have a kind heart and I see that as you defend someone who also has a kind heart and wouldn't ever hurt anyone. Life will always have it's positives and negatives. These are challenges that do test our heart and deep feelings for others. I can see how you are growing as you deal with situations created through hurtful wrongs by others. I am proud to have you as a family member. I enjoy reading the antics of the 'King children' and the progress of your health status. I wish for better health for you in the coming year.

Klin said...

We sure enjoyed Ethan. I hope he isn't scarred for life by squirt.

I am so glad you came by to hang out with us. I enjoyed seeing you and visiting with you.

It's so tough to watch family members abuse one another. Especially when they act like they are the victims or try to convince others that they are. I hope that the one you are defending will be able to come out on top. I also hope that this doesn't happen to her again.

You are so much stronger than people realize. I admire your strength to keep on doing what you do with the adversity and pain you face.

Lets hang out again soon. I think it's your house this time, right?