Tuesday, August 19, 2008

4 Down, 1 to go

Ashlei left for her bus stop at 7:00 this morning. Brittany and Caitlin left for theirs at 7:40. I dropped Destini off at school at 9:10 and now I just have until Monday for Ethan to start kindergarten.
He went for his assessment yesterday. One of the challenges was to repeat a sentence word-for-word. His teacher said, "Say,'I have a black dog'." Ethan gave her a funny look and said, quite seriously, "I don't have a black dog." He also remembered that she had given him Smarties at the Open House and insisted on another package once he was finished with all of her questions.
Destini has her first male teacher. I thought it might be a problem, but so far she is doing fine. She said she made 2 new friends, but forgot their names.
Ashlei is adjusting to High School. She had 5 minutes to eat lunch yesterday. Hopefully that changes. She didn't get any of her elective classes. We dropped "Travel and Tourism" when I realized she needs Drivers Ed. (Yikes!). And she ended up with Interior Design and Floral Arranging. She is excited about the latter, because they get to go in the greeenhouse and there is only 7 or 8 girls in the class. She also thinks it will be an easy A, "because the teacher didn't choose to teach it. They made him and he doesn't know anything about it. He teaches welding." Um...okay...this will be interesting.

No comments: