Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I need a drivers ed. car

You know...the ones with the brake on the passenger side.
Ashlei got her learners permit last week-exactly 6 months before her 16th birthday. So, I figured we better start logging in hours and get some practice in so that she can sign up to do the range soon.
Yesterday, I drove us over to our chuch parking lot and traded places with her. I told her to press LIGHTLY on the gas...let's just say that it's a good thing we weren't near any obstacles. But, she picked up on it quickly and got some practice in.
We went again today and I had her practice going in reverse quite a bit more. Then...I made her drive home. She was very nervous...and the snow and garbage can lined streets were making me nervous, but she did a good job. I only panicked a couple of times. :)
Just 39 hours to go (10 of those after sundown). And 4 more kids to go after her. Sigh...

1 comment:

Klin said...

Here's is me hoping that she is a better learner and driver than Steve was. Holy Crap!!! He scared the H-E-double toothpicks out of me. I only wish I was exaggerating.

It will be nice when she can run errands for you. That's the bright side.