Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What a week!

And it's only Tuesday!
On Sunday, we had a Stake mtg. re: ward boundary changes. Our family got bumped into another ward. And because of the high inactive/non-member homes near us, there are only 4 other active member homes changing with us. But, it could be a good thing. Caitlin says she has no friends in our current/old ward...and Destini only has 1 other girl in her primary class. Maybe that will change.
Today I went to look at a home for sale. The house is very nice from the outside and in a nice neighborhood, but insane on the inside and in need of a lot of remodeling. It is just under 6000 sq ft and could sell for a low price, but the amount of work needed...not worth it. And, to make matters worse--the streets in the NE part of town on a non-stop snowy day are AWFUL! I had to park down around 2 corners from the house because my van got stuck trying to make it up a snowy inclined street. (Luckily I was able to go in reverse and search for a place to park--which, there wasn't any, thanks to snowplows pushing all the snow to the sides of the streets--so, thanks to the lady who allowed me to park in her driveway). And, by the time I was leaving, I had a text from Caitlin saying she missed the bus and, glancing at my watch, I saw that Destini and Ethan were just getting out. Crap! So, I called Brittany and told her to walk to the school to get them--not exactly super close...uphill...and snowing. I got stuck in a traffic jam in front of Foothill Elementary, further discouraging me from moving to that part of town, and finally picked up Caitlin, just after receiving a call from the elem. school office that D and E were there waiting. We got to their school just ahead of A and B and then drove home to discover that a snowplow had done a swipe up the middle of our cul-de-sac leaving a wall of snow in front of our driveway. Amazingly enough, my van rammed through it and made it up the driveway and into the garage (good thing I shoveled and de-iced this morning). And now, I am ready for an uneventful rest of the week. :)

1 comment:

Klin said...

"I am ready for an uneventful rest of the week."

You hope. If this snow doesn't let up I might start a campaign to close school until the dang cities actually remove the snow from the streets instead of pile it up in front of our drives and the sides of the roads.