Throughout my life I have never had one person that I totally confided in. I told some people some things, others different things. Some things I can't share with certain people for whatever reason. Sometimes I don't share with someone cuz I don't want to burden them, especially if they are dealing with their own issues. Or I don't share cuz I know they will tell others. Sometimes it might be dependant on how comfortable I am with them or how they fit into my life.
I know many people share pretty much everything with their mom, sister or best friend. I don't have one single person who I feel comfortable sharing everything with. I still share some stuff with a few people and other stuff with others. And some stuff I just bottle up inside.
I know it helps to verbalize and discuss things with someone who can truly sympathize. If I want to complain about my job, I need to complain to someone who has worked a similar job. As for money problems, complaining or verbalizing usually doesn't really help cuz it doesn't change anything. So, for that matter I've just been pretending everything's good.
For health problems, only a couple of people I know ( actually 3) have similar issues and can understand what I have been and am going through. Again I've began pretending that everything is fine. No more doctors. Only Rx I bother to refill is my thyroid med. Am weaning off Ambien. Sad that I've used up my massages with my TMJ therapy. Could really use a chiropractor, but not gonna happen anytime soon.
Kid issues, husband issues, family issues, church calling issues, money issues, health issues, job issues...just taking things day by day and trying not to stress. Haven't been whining or complaining to anyone. Maybe I need to. I think I'm in serious need of some away time--and not work, church or my writing groups. Just a fun night out here and there. A chance to step away from everything and laugh with a friend...umm...friends...where are you?
2 comments:
I wish we lived close! We would definately go out, often! I am kind of the same way. You know you can call me anytime, Love ya!
I am going to be available on Friday or Saturday night. When I find out for sure I will let you know. What time and where do you want to go/what do you want to do?
I wish you lived closer too, Lisa.
Post a Comment