Monday, February 22, 2010

Seriously!?!

So...there I am...sitting on the couch doing another round of revisions. Ethan is playing with the bouncy ball he got from the dentist today. I hear him say, "Oops, I got it in there." Ignored him...no big deal, surely. A few minutes later, hubby comes upstairs...the kitchen floor is covered in water and suds. I hurried and turned the dishwasher off...great. "Umm...child who will remain nameless...what soap did you put in here?" "The normal one." "Are you sure?" "Yes." "You aren't in trouble, we just need to know if you used the wrong soap or if the dishwasher is broken." "I used that one."-she points to the right one. Great-dishes by hand for awhile.
So, I make the call to the rental company...then ask again, "Are you 100% sure you used the right one?" "Well...I might have used a little of the other one." Ahh...so the truth comes out AFTER I make the phone call. Have to call back and leave another message-umm, never mind. AAAUUURRRGGH!!!! What part of 'You aren't in trouble' do you NOT understand??? So, she got sent to bed at 7:30. I HATE lies!!! My fave scripture to use with my kids in questioning circumstances is "Woe be unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell." THRUST DOWN TO HELL!!!! Just tell the stinkin' truth already. :)

No comments: