Even though Ethan tries my patience every day, it is nice to see him wait in line at school while 3/4 of the class is running around. And, this morning, I was in charge of the childrens class at our Super Saturday. Wow! Some of those kids were sooooo active. Ethan might need multiple reminders and guidance to do what he is supposed to do, but at least he isn't running around, throwing things and climbing on everything.
I have discovered a way to keep him occupied for a good length of time, too (besides video games which we have all but banned lately). He LOVES to cut things out. I can't believe sometimes how long he will keep going-I can give him the coupons from the newspaper or an old magazine or catalog and he is busy for a good 30 minutes or more. And he hasn't cut up anything he's not supposed to. :)
Writing, on the other hand, he hates. He was writing the alphabet and got to about g or so before he started scribbling and saying, "skip, skip, skip...".
He has definitely improved alot over the past year or so. I am so glad we didn't cave into the pressures of medicating him.
2 comments:
Medicating him? There are many other things to try first. I am glad you are a great mom and knows your child better than the experts.
I may have spoken too soon...he was running circles around us and climbing across the back of the couch as we played Apples to Apples Jr. tonight. But he did settle down whenever it was his turn to be the judge. :)
Post a Comment