Saturday, December 6, 2008

Twilight review

Hmmm...
Bella-actually like her throughout. She did a good job.
Edward-didn't like...not just that he wasn't good-looking enough, but he sometimes sounded like a different Edward---Scissorhands. Speaking of E. Scissorhands--Jasper had his facial expressions down pat. I did like Jasper dancing around the fire though.
Esme-hated. I kept picturing her in her dorky, pathetic "The Ex-List" and "Grey's Anatomy" roles.
Carlisle-a bit TOO pale.
Charlie-LOVED!--He had more personality than the book version, he made me laugh.
Alice-wish she had been used a bit more.
Emmett-hated the hair, but not bad.
Rosalie-could have been better.
There were parts that strayed from the book-some I felt didn't need to have, and other parts made for a good laugh (like the "I put a fresh can of pepper spray in your bag"). There were parts left out-I'm assuming to not make it a 3 1/2 hour movie, but it kind-of jumped around too much at times. For someone who has not read the book, they miss out on a lot of details. Overall, I would have to admit I did like it, but it could have been SOOO much better.
And...is my memory failing me, or did Edward not climb trees in the book?
His bedroom was way, way too small.
Not enough fangs (like in the near fight on the baseball field--James with fangs would've been good there).
Jacob...undecided.

No comments: