Monday, May 25, 2009

Long Weekend

Friday was D and E's dance festival-it was fun to watch and reminisce about having to dance every single year in elem. school. My older kids lucked out.
Saturday was spent getting stuff done around the house. Sunday-church. And today, Memorial Day, we went through some model homes and got more done around the house. Not nearly as much as I would have liked, but it's getting there...D.I. has been and will be getting a lot from us. I just dread hitting the stuff stored in the basement-I know I will be hearing "No, I want that!" way too much.
As for homes, I love Fieldstone's Walk-in-closets and big pantries, but they are just boxy and boring. Liked Ivory, but pricing might be too high for the size we want. Also liked McArthur...Golf course location is too pricey, but their other location is okay, and will have a community center with a pool. But, our favorite was Richmond. They have a nice model where 2 extra rooms and a bathroom are built into the attic-a good option when they can't do basements at that location. They also had another that was their old model home, I guess. It was very nice, too, and had the possibility of having the furnishings included.
Anyway, don't know if we'll pull it off...still need to get financing done. Chances are I will need to go back to work. Not what I want to do right now, when I'm still feeling crappy and meds are still being adjusted and such, but it might be the only way we'll pull it off anytime soon...especially if we try to do a 15 yr.

1 comment:

Klin said...

You can usually get better deals going with a smaller builder. You will get better quality, for sure.

Any news on why you are feeling so icky? Are the meds helping?

There are some nice homes by me. In my ward and just outside of it. Let me know if you want me to drive you around. I'd be happy to.