Friday, June 26, 2009

Finally some relief...I hope

At my last dr. appt. I was able to convince her to test a few more things besides just thyroid levels...should get those results today or Monday. She also told me to go see a TMJ specialist. He isn't on our insurance list, so I was reluctant to do so. But, then I realized that they might do free consultations and I could at least get an idea of cost, etc. So, I did that yesterday and ended up having x-rays of my jaws, electrical type tests and then 3 shots injected into my jaw (that, one in particular, was a bit painful). I go back next week for ultrasound, more injections and to get an appliance to wear at night. Hopefully my face will finally be out of pain at some point, which should then help my neck pain and between that and eventually getting the thyroid and any other fatigue issues figured out, maybe I will finally be feeling much better after a year of misery.

1 comment:

Klin said...

I'm hoping, too.

Keep us posted;)