Wednesday, April 1, 2009

At my breaking point

Just fed up with it all. Tired of pretending to be fine. So DO NOT want to do cub scouts today. Tired of any "extra" responsibilities.
Have an appt. in 2 weeks with a D.O. But, called the doc. I want to go to...to question how much it would cost for an appt. since he doesn't take our insur. But, it doesn't matter anyway...no openings until June.
I have felt physically crappy since mid-July. Today, however, my emotional state has hit an all-time low as of late. I am so not in a position to hang out with 10 yr old boys today. I'm a wreck right now...physically and emotionally. I feel feverish...possible thyroid mess side effect. Tears are flowing...that has to stop...but, all it will take is one comment or question at scouts to start it up again I am sure. I have 45 minutes to regain control. I don't want this extra responsibility right now...planning meetings...record keeping...etc. Wondering if I should ask to be released.
Tired of keeping things bottled up. Tired of answering, "How are you?" with "good" or "fine" when I am so not. Tired of expectations and doing "favors". Just plain tired. Period.

1 comment:

Klin said...

Since we are not "supposed" to ask to be released I worded it this way when my health could no longer handle my calling. "brother ______, I was wondering if you could request confirmation from the Lord that this is still the right calling for me. I'm struggling with health issues right now and feel weak when it comes to serving. I think the children deserve better than I am giving them. If the Lord confirms that I am still the right person for the job please ask him to help me out."

I got released 3 weeks later, after they found a replacement.

I think they don't always realize when things change unless we let them know. Don't feel bad about letting them know.