I ended up not babysitting today, so decided to read-which led to sleepiness (I didn't sleep well last night). Tried to take a nap-phone rang twice--a rarity around here. Slept a little, then got a call from Destini, not feeling well. She had almost passed out at school. Wondering if it is connected to her new, as of yesterday, braces. It happened during lunch and she mentioned something about food rubbing on her braces and hurting.
She felt better by the afternoon and was able to attend a b-day party.
Put digit in a bigger jar with dirt and new branches.
Went to the annual "Patient appreciation" party that the kids orthodontist has. They won a skateboard and a few small things.
Came home to find that digit had shed his skin and is making a chrysalis.
Now I need to get kids to bed. Ashlei and I have a Writers Workshop tomorrow in Ogden. There will be some fun authors there--Shannon Hale, Brandon Mull, James Dashner, Rick Walton...
I signed up to do the critiquing portion. Nervous about that. Hoping they have other people read each others stuff, like in my weekly critique group. I hate reading my own stuff out loud. But, it was cool to watch their faces (in my weekly group) as I gave in and divulged my entire plot to them. Their eyes popped wide when I got to the good part. :)
Now if I could just get an agent...crossing fingers...
2 comments:
Here's me hoping and crossing my fingers that you get an agent, too!! That's exciting.
I need some stuff to read. Can I read your stuff, too?
On paper or Word doc.?
Post a Comment