Our ward had an amazing R.S. Mtg. yesterday given by the 2nd counselor. He had us all write down on a strip of paper something we were praying for. After collecting them all, he read them...the spirit was soooo strong and many tears were shed. I personally could have written at least 10 of the things read. He then pointed out that we need to treat others as if they are going through the hardest time of their life, because they very well may be. Also, that we need to serve each other more and more. I am one that tends to not look for opportunities to serve...they kind-of have to fall into my lap. But, I'm going to try and change that.
Anyway, throughout the lesson my mind kept turning to times in my life that I have been hurt by a family member, or, on lesser occasions, caused hurt. Also, of family members hurting each other. Now this can be as simple as not paying back a loan or saying a rude comment to as severe as stealing and pawning thousands of dollars worth of items or taking advantage over and over. I still have a bit of anger in my heart about a few incidents and I know that I need to let it go, it is only hurting me. At any point in time over the past 15-20 years someone has been mad at someone. Presently, we all seem to be getting along...things could be even better, but I think we are all mature enough now to not pull stunts that have been pulled in the past. Most of all, I wish my mom could reap the rewards from all of the helping she provided to her children over the years and even to this day. I know how it feels to not seem to be appreciated.
1 comment:
"I wish my mom could reap the rewards from all of the helping she provided to her children over the years and even to this day."
I wish this for your mom, too. She has always quietly served.
Post a Comment