Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our ugly new pet

Brittany and Caitlin found this grotesque caterpillar yesterday. From the top it looks like a finger. It now has three names: Pinky, Digit and Heinrich (A Bug's Life's big fat caterpillar). So far it is still alive...not moving nearly as much today as yesterday though. I can't find anything similar looking to it online. Not sure if it needs more space or anything. Did find out that caterpillars shed their skin several times...I did not know that...ick...


This is what Ethan pulled from his pockets after school today. "Some food for Pinky...and some seeds to plant...and wood chips. Maybe we can plant them too."
I'm hoping that he remembers my warning to always empty his pockets. But, I have a feeling my washer and dryer will have interesting contents in the near future. I guess I'll have to become more diligent in checking pockets myself.

1 comment:

Klin said...

Ethan is so thoughtful. I think you need a bigger jar with a bigger tree in it. I'm no expert though ;)

I like the name digit. I find it rather funny!