Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Getting there...maybe
Saw the neurologist today--well, the PA.-- He wouldn't come straight out and say, "Yeah, it probably is atypical bilateral trigeminal neuralgia," and keeps focusing on the Bells Palsy. He changed my prescript. and I go back in 3 weeks. He also said no more facial massages (could actually aggravate things)and TMJ treatment might be for nothing. I go to my reg. dr. on Fri. The neuralgia thing (atypical because the pain is constant, unrelenting, nagging, pressure) just fits so perfectly. Over a year of pain and I ran across this a few days ago and just started bawling. Even the 'misdiagnosing' part fits. The new prescrip. he gave me I actually already have except in 50 mg rather then 10. So, since I'm dying today, I popped a 50 and the feverish feeling is gone...can't quite tell if the pain is lessening. Off to scouts all doped up. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Because I deal with daily chronic pain, I totally get the love a moment of relief can bring.
I hope they find out for you soon.
Post a Comment